Saturday, March 7, 2015

Another DT Reveal for March

It is my turn to reveal my take on this month's challenge at XOXO Scrapbooking!  Our guest designer, Kerry, created a beautiful layout for us to lift this month!  I enjoyed working with the triangles and all the little details Kerry used on her page.  Here is Kerry's work:


This is what I created:


It is funny to me that after I take a picture and then upload it that I realize I need to fix something.  In this case, it was my banners (too big) and my title (just off).  So I adjusted my layout to create this:


Better.  However, since I lifted and moved my letters, I left behind a bit of distressing.  So to even out the look, I grabbed those orphaned sticker letters in my stash and applied them all over the white background paper.  Then I removed them.  Now the white paper is evenly distressed and nothing looks out of place.  A new use of alphabets - AND the best part was that I was able to toss an empty alphabet sheet in the trash!  YAY!

I hope that you are able to join us in this challenge.  The links close on March 31st.

Materials Used: We R Memory Keepers cardstock, cardstock, scrap paper, silk flowers, glitter brads, My Mind's Eye - Lush 2 Turquoise rhinestones, Snap - Flair, Paper Trunk - Carson alphabet, unknown manufacturer of sticker, and metal hearts.

No comments:

Post a Comment